5 Things to Look for When Choosing an Online Casino
1. Reliability and eCOGRA – No one wants to spend money online, only to see their hard-
earned dollars disappear An online casino should have a history of being trustworthy. All winnings should be given to customers, and in a timely manner. eCOGRA is an organization that helps regulate the online gambling industry. Their seals of certification can assure you of a casino’s reliability.
2. Customer Service and Support – Before you join an online casino, try to contact their customer support team. You can check how quickly they reply to questions, and get an idea about how professional they are. Some places even offer a free-call phone number.
3. Payout Ratio – This is the percentage of money that people win back, on average. A good casino’s payout ratio should be as close to 100% as possible. Remember that this is only an overall rating, and does not guarantee your winnings.
4. Device Support – What good is a casino to you, unless you can access their games with your computer or device? Whether you use Windows, iOS, or a mobile device, look for an online casino with compatible software.
5. Special Games – Different online casinos have “special games,” that can offer something unique, or unusual. If you are tired of the typical games, such as poker, slots, and roulette, you might enjoy playing some scratchers, or even virtual horse racing.
5 Most Popular Online Gambling Games
If you are just beginning, you might want to try some of the most played online gambling games. These games are easy to find, and almost all easy to learn.
1. Blackjack – This is one of the most played online casino games at the moment, and is also referred to as “21”. This name originates from the key goal of the game, where players try to make a hand that equals 21. The highest hand wins the round, but players who go higher than 21 lose. The game’s popularity relates to its simplistic gameplay, and accessibility to newcomers. The game has a long-standing history in the world of gambling, dating back hundreds of years. Blackjack commonly offers players a high chance of winning.
2. Roulette – The name is derived from a French word that means “little wheel”. Roulette has two common variations: American roulette, and European roulette. The game involves trying to guess where the ball will end up on the roulette wheel, once it has been spun. There are many different combinations to bet on, and the game is easy to learn.
3. Craps – This is one game you might have seen being played in Hollywood movies. The gameplay involves placing bets on what the outcome of the the dice roll might be, and the resulting roll determines the winners. You can generally place bets on someone else’s roll, making this a good group game. While this game might appear simple, the rules of crap can be difficult to understand for beginners.
4. Slots – What online casino guide would be complete without mention of the ever-popular slots? Slot machines can be found around the world, in bars, hotels, and restaurants, and not only in casinos. Slots are one of the easiest, and most widely known forms of gambling. To play the slots, you simply place a bid, and “spin” the line of symbols. Winnings are determined by the combinations of symbols that show up, as well as how much was bid.
5. Keno – The final most popular online casino game on this list is Keno. It is a relatively old game, and can be found in bars, pubs, restaurants, casinos, and so on. While Keno is a popular game, it is not as well-known as slots. The player places bets by predicting what numbers will be drawn by the machine, or online software. Higher payouts are awarded to players who guess the most numbers.
5 Things to Be Wary of When Choosing an Online Casino
There are many good, safe online casinos, offering quality service and fair games. Unfortunately, there are plenty of “bad eggs” out there, looking to rip off unsuspecting gamblers, and separate them from their money. Here are some things to avoid:
New and untested casinos. There are more online casinos than you could ever try. You should avoid casinos that have only recently been made. If you arrive at a plain website, with only a few links, and very little information, it might be time to leave that page forever. There are plenty of online casinos that have been around for a long time, so avoid the newly made ones.
Unrealistic promises. Some online casinos offer promises that seem difficult to fulfill, such as guaranteed winnings, and loads of starting money. If an offer seems too good to be true, there is a good chance that it is untrue.
Bad reputation. This is an obvious warning signal. If you are researching online casinos, and you find a lot of negative reviews for any particular site, take them into account. Some people might be upset after losing money, especially if they suspect foul play. However, the only way for you to know for sure is to risk your own money. Do not ignore bad reviews and ratings, and avoid any online casino that has a bad reputation.
Unusual software. There is a host of well-tested, regulated software that is used by online casinos. If a casino has proof that it uses safe software, it is a good sign that you can trust them. If a casino does not want to tell customers what type of software they use, or how their systems work, there might be something suspicious going on, and you should consider avoiding them.
Poorly made web pages. A successful online casino should have enough money to pay for a quality website. Poor writing, stock images, and awkward design, are a clear warning sign. Also, stay away from websites that annoy customers with aggressive pop-up advertising, as well as high amounts of on-site advertisements. These are probably signs of a casino that is either fraudulent, or not very successful; they can also introduce malware and viruses to your computer system.
How to Personalize Your Choice to Suit Your Needs
When you are looking for an online casino, it will help to customize your search, in order to meet your personal needs. Following are some important factors to consider:
Country – While you might find an online casino that seems perfect, it might not cater to citizens of your country. Different regions of the world have their own laws, and these apply to online gambling; some countries have prohibited online gambling, so finding a casino that you can easily deal with might prove almost impossible. You might not be protected by the laws of your country, unless you choose the right casino. Worse still, a casino might be located in a place that has poor regulations.
Payment Methods – Unless you have a method for transferring money to, and from, your casino-based account, you have no way to gamble. Popular payment companies for online shopping and business might not be suitable for online gambling, especially if you are dealing with a foreign casino.There are a host of different payment methods, including Amex, Bankwire, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, PaysafeCard, and Paypal, just to name some of the most commonly used.
Types of Online Casinos
There several different types types of online casinos, and they each offer unique aspects, that will appeal to various players.
Download and Web-Based Interfaces– In order to play at an online casino, the interface must somehow be accessed, either with a computer, or a similar device, such as a tablet. Some software requires a download that will be installed on your computing device. The software is then stored on the device and can be accessed quickly, without the need to re-download. Web based software is not actually installed on the user’s devices. Rather, it accessed by an internet browser, and only kept temporarily. Web-based interfaces are useful for people who tend to move between different computers, as they don’t need to be installed, and can be loaded on the majority of popular web browsers, and different operating systems.
Real Money and Free Money – The difference between casinos offering real money play, and free play, should seem obvious. Serious gamblers turn to real money casinos, as all bets are made with real funds. There are, however, casinos offering play with “pretend” funds; their benefit is that casino games can be enjoyed, without the risk of losing any real dollars.
Software – On top of the different types of casinos, there are different softwares to choose from. Selecting a casino that uses a well-known software is a good way to avoid unreliable casinos.
Microgaming: Microgaming Software Systems Ltd is a development company that is located on the Isle of Man. They claim to have started the first serious online casino in 1994. Casinos that use Microgaming software generally have hundreds of different games, and can be accessed in download, and web-based formats.
RTG: Realtime Gaming specializes in downloadable casino software, and many casinos run their own personalized versions of licensed RTG interfaces. They were founded in 1998, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Playtech: This software company started in 1999, a little later than the other two mentioned above. They license software for poker rooms, bingo games, sports betting, scratchies, and mobile gaming, as well as more traditional online casinos.
The world of online gambling is vast, and should not be rushed into lightly. There are many factors to consider when choosing the right online casino, and those include personal preferences. While there are plenty of top online casinos to choose from, there are likely just as many suspicious ones, and they would gladly take your money from you, without offering any winning.
There are many benefits in choosing the right online casino. Choosing right will give you easy access to professional gambling games from the most remote locations in the world, from the comfort of your home. The rise of online casinos has opened up a whole new way for gambling enthusiasts to enjoy their favorite past time, and the industry shows little sign of slowing down.
As with any rising, internet-based, industry, there are many different ways to access the different interfaces. Playing your favorite game involves finding a casino that offers software that is compatible with your computer or device. There are then other factors to consider, such as how you will transfer funds, and what the laws for online gambling are in your country.
With the right advice, and a little research, you can start to safely enjoy a wide range of online casino games, and hopefully start to rake in the big bucks. Good luck to you, and happy gambling.